With the number of dollars being spent online shopping, it only makes sense to find a way to get a piece of the pie. Because of eCommerce, ANYONE can create an online store with little to no money, as opposed to the traditional way of selling (brick and mortar.) I’ve created dozens of eCommerce stores below are some things I’ve learned along the way.
Best eCommerce Platforms:
- Createjoy – Best subscription platform
BigCommerce and Shopify are very similar. You can’t go wrong with either. But let’s do some quick comparisons. Theme design is very important to me so I personally like Shopify more. Shopify has 2x more theme options and the designs are much better. A plus to Big Commerce is that they offer a bit more advanced tools.
For more info check out this Ecommerce comparison site:
Or if you already have a site you can integrate your site with a shopping cart software:
Now that you’ve established what platform you like best, it’s time to design your store and upload your products. My most favorite and least favorite parts! Adding products can be timely and grueling.
After uploading your products with high-quality photos and detailed product descriptions, it’s time to do some SEO. SEO stand for Search Engine Optimization. It’s the work you have to do to ensure that you are being found online.
How to optimize your site:
- Fill out the meta description at the bottom of your product page
- Optimize your photos by adding relevant image descriptions
- Write blog posts centralized around the proucts you are wanting to sell. Include the Search Terms in your content that your ideal customers are using to find products just like yours.
- Create Google + page, integrate and add content
- Make sure your home page has a compelling Call to Action
Where to advertise your produts:
- Sell your produts on Google Shopping.
- Create display ads and advertise to interested parties via Adroll
- Advertise on Facebook and Instagram
Create accounts and add products to marketplaces:
- Create contests. Folks could entire by sharing on twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. Allows us to generate traffic by other people hoping to win. The more shares, the more entries.
- Email Marketing:
- Create mailchimp or Constant Contact account
- Integrate sign up on website and social media
- Add pop email capture to grow email marketing list
Important Website Integrations:
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Accounts. Don’t forget Google +
- Email Marketing
Goodluck building your store! Leave comments and questions below!